Important Information For Windows 8 Users: VodBurner supports the desktop version of Skype on Windows 8.
1. If you already have the Desktop version of Skype on Windows 8, go to step 2. Otherwise, please install Skype for Desktop – Note: VodBurner does not work with the “Modern UI” version of Skype.
Follow the steps below and you should be up and running in less than five minutes.
1. Run the installer when prompted by your browser.
2. Follow the instructions in the installation wizard.
3. The VodBurner licensing and startup wizards will be displayed.
4. Follow these installation instructions to ensure that VodBurner can properly connect to Skype:
Skype should show an “Allow access” button near the top right hand side of the main Skype window. Click it to allow VodBurner to connect to Skype. (NOTE: If the right-hand panel is hidden in your Skype, Skype will instead pop up a separate window for you to allow access).
If you don’t see the button, go to Tools > Options > Advanced and click “Manage other programs access to Skype” near the bottom of the page. If VodBurner appears in the list, click it and click the “Change” button to alter permissions.
If VodBurner is not in the list, reboot your PC and try again.
If you still don’t see it, it is possible that security software is getting in the way. For example, Auslogics has an option to disable the Skype public API. Turning this option off (or similar options in other products) should resolve the issue.