Recording Skype video calls can take up a lot of hard disk space. By default, VodBurner stores the recorded calls in your Documents folder, inside a folder called VodBurner.
Depending on your PC setup, you may want to change the location where VodBurner stores call recordings.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Close VodBurner if it is running. Do this by right-clicking the VodBurner icon in the system tray and select ‘Quit’.
- If you have any previous VodBurner recorded calls, you have the option to either copy them to the new location (so that you can continue to edit them using the Post-Production Console, or leave them where they are). Note: you won’t be able to edit them using the Post-Production Console unless the recorded calls are in the same directory path that VodBurner is configured to use. If you want to move them to the new location, continue to step 3. If you want to leave them where they are, skip to step 4.
- Copy the Documents / VodBurner directory to the new directory where you want to store the calls. This step ensures that you will be able to edit the previous calls, as well as the calls that you are going to record in future.
- Start VodBurner.
- Click on VodBurner >Options tab (shown below):
- Click on the ‘Configure’ button
- Click the ‘Browse’ button next to the “Folder to store recordings in” path and select the new location where you would like to have VodBurner store your recorded calls.
- Select OK
- Close VodBurner one more time. Do this by right-clicking the VodBurner icon in the system tray and select ‘Quit’.
- Start VodBurner. The new settings will now be active.