VodBurner makes the following outgoing network connections:
- The product periodically checks for new versions on the VodBurner site. This takes place in the background. No information is transmitted in the check other than the URL http://www.vodburner.com/latestversion2 .
- If a new update is detected, the product displays a window with buttons allowing you to see details of the new update, and allowing you to go directly to the download page. Both of these buttons start up a web browser window and automatically take you to the appropriate pages on the VodBurner site.
- When you are running the free version, the product uses Skype’s “app2app” facility to determine whether the other party to the call is also running VodBurner. If the other party is running VodBurner, the call can be recorded even if a full license has not been purchased. No information is passed over the app2app connection, other than a single flag indicating whether VodBurner is running or not.
- The installer contains buttons to allow you to view details regarding the operating environment etc. These buttons start up a web browser window and automatically take you to the appropriate pages on the VodBurner site.
- The product contains a button that allows you to view the on-line help. This button starts up a web browser window and automatically take you to the help pages on the VodBurner site.
Depending on your firewall settings, you may need to unblock these attempts to connect to the internet in order for these capabilities to work correctly.