VodBurner works on these operating systems:
- Windows 8 – see this article
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000
IMPORTANT: You must use a Windows account with Administrator access in order to install VodBurner.
NOTE: To convert recordings direct to MP4, Windows 7 is required. To generate MP4 files from the post-production console, Windows 7 is required. For all other operating systems, only WMV and ASF formats are supported.
VodBurner works with these versions of Skype:
VodBurner works with this hardware:
- An Intel Duo Core 2Ghz or equivalent PC with minimum 1GB of RAM.
- Any Skype-compatible sound card or USB phone
- A webcam in order for Skype video to work
- At least 5GB free disk space (more for calls of more than a couple of minutes). Space needed can vary depending on type of PC, and according to the options set in the “Disk Space” tab.
- Hard disk must be NTFS format (the default for Windows XP, Vista and 7). Disks formatted as FAT32 are not supported.
NOTE: You only need to have VodBurner installed on your computer to record both sides of a video call. You don’t need to have it installed on the other PC.