If you see error messages saying that there were problems with “vodburner_ppc.exe” or “vodburner_refine.exe”, the most likely cause is errors on your hard disk.
Follow these steps to check for errors on the hard drive and fix them:
1. Right click the drive in Windows Explorer
2. Choose “Properties”
3. Click the “Tools” tab.
4. Under Error checking, click “Check Now”.
After doing this, restart your PC and check to see whether your issue is resolved.
If your issue is still not resolved, you may need to force VodBurner to regenerate some intermediate files associated with the call.
Follow these steps:
1. Go to the folder containing the recording (In the VodBurner window: Previous Calls > Expand > Open Containing Folder).
2. Make a copy of the project.xml file to another folder.
3. Remove all files except the .VBC files.
4. Quit VodBurner and restart it.
5. Edit the recording again.
6. To restore any changes you made to the original project, close the post-production console, copy back the project.xml file from step 2, then Edit again.
7. Try again to generate the finished video file.
If your issue is still not resolved, and it pertains to the Post-Production Console (vodburner_ppc.exe), the next most likely cause is some kind of problem with your Windows installation – specifically third party codecs, sound card drivers, video card drivers, Windows Media Player or DirectX. Try removing any third party audio or video plugin software (e.g. Windows Media Player plugins). Then obtain the latest audio and video card drivers for your PC and install those. If you have Windows XP, try updating to the latest Windows Media Player from Microsoft. If your problem started occurring recently, try using Windows System Restore to return your system to a point in time at which it was working properly.
If your issue is still not resolved, contact support by clicking the link below. To speed up the support process, zip and attach all files from Documents\VodBurner\Logs. These files provide diagnostic information – they do not contain any video or audio content.
You must log in to post a comment.