If you have been sent to this page by VodBurner, all that may be required is to wait a little while. Sometimes it takes a few seconds for VodBurner to establish contact with Skype, so check back in your VodBurner window before following the rest of these steps. If you are starting up your PC, it make take up to a minute or two for Skype to start.
Also, check to make sure you are signed in to Skype. If you are not signed in, VodBurner will not be able to connect.
If VodBurner has still not connected to Skype after a few seconds, it usually means that VodBurner does not have permission to connect to Skype. To give VodBurner permission, follow the steps applicable to your version of Skype: (Click here if you’re not sure what version you have)
Skype 4.0 and later
Skype shows an “Allow access” button near the top right hand side of the main Skype window. Click it to allow VodBurner to connect to Skype. (NOTE: If the right-hand panel is hidden in your Skype, Skype will instead pop up a separate window for you to allow access).
If you don’t see the button, go to Tools > Options > Advanced and click “Manage other programs access to Skype” near the bottom of the page. If VodBurner appears in the list, click it and click the “Change” button to alter permissions.
If VodBurner is not in the list, reboot your PC and try again.
If you still don’t see it, it is possible that security software is getting in the way. For example, Auslogics has an option to disable the Skype public API. Turning this option off (or similar options in other products) should resolve the issue.
Skype shows an “Events” button near the top of the main Skype window. Click this button to see a list of events. There should be an event called “vodburner.exe” – click it to see the window that allows you grant VodBurner access to Skype.
If you don’t see the event, reboot your PC and try again.
If you still don’t see it, it is possible that security software is getting in the way. For example, Auslogics has an option to disable the Skype public API. Turning this option off should resolve the issue.
Skype 3.6 or earlier
Skype should normally pop up a window asking you to give permission. Sometimes this doesn’t happen due to a problem in Skype.
Usually you can work around it by following these steps:
1. Reboot your PC and start Skype then VodBurner. Soon after starting VodBurner you may see a window that looks like this:
2. If the above window appears, click the “Allow…” option then click OK. VodBurner should now start normally. If the above window does not appear, VodBurner may still start normally. In either case, if it does not, follow the steps below.
Steps to follow if VodBurner still does not start properly
1. Reboot your PC and start Skype. (Don’t start VodBurner just yet. If it starts automatically, right-click the VodBurner icon in the system tray and choose “Quit” before proceeding).
2. In Skype, go to “Tools > Options > Advanced > Updates”. (NOTE: In Skype 3.1 and earlier, go to “Tools > Options > Privacy” instead).
3. Click “Manage other programs’ access to Skype” (near the bottom of the window).
4. Look for VodBurner in the list of programs. If it is listed, click the “Remove” button to remove it from the list.
5. Start VodBurner. Soon after starting VodBurner you should see a window that looks like this:
6. Click the “Allow…” option then click OK. VodBurner should now start normally.
If the above steps do not resolve your issue, please contact us at [email protected] . We guarantee a response within 24 hours.
Great product…..!! thanks a lot introducing such a product
Great recording quality! Wow! Thanks for this great product.
Extraordinarily high quality recordings. Many thanks. If I needed more than the very occasional recording I’d definitely buy the paid version and without a second thought. I may yet do that! It’s that good.
Thanks for your amazing product!
It´s the best comunications product I have ever tried!….
You must log in to post a comment.